- LINKS TO BUSAC FUND RELATED WEB ARTICLES
- LINKS TO ADVOCACY-RELATED WEB ARTICLES
- Ghana Clean Advocacy (GCA)
- MYC4 helps Entrepreneurs to find capital and technical assistance
- Businesss Development Fund
- The Makeda Fund
- Small Enterprise Assistance Funds ("SEAF")
- Business Environment Strengthening
- Monitoring and Evaluation NEWS
THE ASPFA SUCCESS STORY
The Agormanya Sweet Potato Farmers Association (ASPFA) is made up of sweet potato famers based in Agormanya, a small town in the Lower Manya Krobo District in the Eastern Region.
GCSCA SUCCESSFULLY ADVOCATES FOR MANDATE TO SELF-REGULATE
Susu collection is one of the oldest traditional methods of mobilizing savings in Africa. Indeed Wikipedia, the famous online encyclopaedia rightly points out that Susu Collectors, largely based in Ghana, operate a form of microfinance service as "they provide (for a small fee) an informal means for Ghanaians to securely save and access their own money and gain limited access to credit."....
THE GhIE SUCCESS STORY
I recall an incident a few years back where a multi-storey building under construction came crumbling down at the OA Transport yard in Kumasi. This catastrophe ended the lives of innocent bystanders. Out of curiosity I went there personally to inspect the site and was baffled beyond doubt when I saw the enormous amount of iron rods peeping out at me from the debris. ...
- Minister asks assemblies to support SMEs
- COTVET trains 150 mastercraftsmen
BUSAC FUND WINS 2013 SME AGENCY AWARD
The Business Sector Advocacy Challenge (BUSAC) Fund has won the 2013 SME Agency Award at the maiden edition of the Small and Medium Enterprise Ghana Awards (SMEGA). The award was given in recognition of the Fund's contribution to creating a more enabling business environment for the Ghanaian private sector......
Protecting Consumer Rights, Consumer Protection Commission Proposed
In spite of the considerable stability and growth of the Ghanaian economy over the last two decades, we continue to stumble in the areas of consumer protection and rights because of a lack of well coordinated legislative regime that offers protection for patrons and consumers of critical services and goods.....
GIVE YOUR PATRONS VALUE FOR THEIR MONEY—TOURISM MINISTER TELLS HOSPITALITY SERVICE GROUPS
The Minister of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts, Hon Mrs. Elizabeth Ofosu-Adjare has observed that Ghanaians have become sophisticated and have an appreciation for standard and quality service......
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE PRAISES GOVERNMENT
The Sekondi-Takoradi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (STCCI) has commended Cabinet and Parliament for the commitment they showed in passing the Petroleum Sector local content and participation policy into law.
Farmers Urged To Advocate Holistic Agriculture Bill
Bolgatanga, April 8, GNA - Professor David Millar, a former Pro-Vice Chancellor of the University for Development Studies (UDS)...
Farmers Schooled On Climate Change Adaptation
Tamale, April, 8, GNA - Some 3,000 smallholder farmers from 16 communities in the Upper East, Upper West and the Northern regions had benefited from a training programme on climate change adaptation measures....
NEWS FROM GRANTEES
PASS INSOLVENCY LAW - GARIA
Insolvency and restructuring practitioners in the country are calling for the speedy passage of the Corporate Insolvency Bill into law to prevent companies from premature liquidation.....
CASSAVA FARMERS WANT ADEQUATE SHARES IN AYENSU STARCH COMPANY
Members of Ayensu Cassava Farmers Association (ACFA) have expressed the need for the government to allow them to own adequate shares in the Ayensu Starch Company (ASCO) at Awutu Bawjiase in the Central Region.....
COCOA FARMERS DEMAND PROTECTIVE GEAR
Cocoa farmers in the Ellembelle District of the Western Region on Tuesday called on stakeholders to provide them with adequate protective clothing to help in the mass spraying exercise....
- MOVES TO STOP MISAPPLICATION OF AGROCHEMICALS
- Trawlers encroaching areas reserved for artisanal fishing at Dixcove
- Moree fishmongers want fish market
- Organise forum for market women
- ROTARY CLUB OF ACCRA AIRPORT VISITS ZOOMLION
- Tanzania: 'A Woman's Friend Is a Woman' - Veteran Tanzanian MP
- Ghanaians Urged To Fight And Eliminate Malaria
- Strong, effective partnership are key to eradicating malaria – Prof. Binka
- Ghana chamber calls for local extraction of mining minerals
- Ghana: Govt Asked to Stop Revenue Loss Through Tax Laws Review
- Women Urged to Work Towards Peaceful Elections
- Dudley Thompson was a fearless, erudite lawyer - JCC
- West Africa Mining and Power Conference to focus on local participation