- LINKS TO BUSAC FUND RELATED WEB ARTICLES
- LINKS TO ADVOCACY-RELATED WEB ARTICLES
- Ghana Clean Advocacy (GCA)
- MYC4 helps Entrepreneurs to find capital and technical assistance
- Businesss Development Fund
- The Makeda Fund
- Small Enterprise Assistance Funds ("SEAF")
- Business Environment Strengthening
- Monitoring and Evaluation NEWS
GCSCA SUCCESSFULLY ADVOCATES FOR MANDATE TO SELF-REGULATE
Susu collection is one of the oldest traditional methods of mobilizing savings in Africa. Indeed Wikipedia, the famous online encyclopaedia rightly points out that Susu Collectors, largely based in Ghana, operate a form of microfinance service as "they provide (for a small fee) an informal means for Ghanaians to securely save and access their own money and gain limited access to credit."....
THE GAMH STORY – AN EXAMPLE OF SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS ADVOCACY
Long before the introduction of modern medicine on African soil, the indigenes of the continent practiced the art of healing with medicinal plants. Indeed, any recorded history of medicine in Ghana will be incomplete without mentioning traditional herbal medicine....
THE ASPFA SUCCESS STORY
The Agormanya Sweet Potato Farmers Association (ASPFA) is made up of sweet potato famers based in Agormanya, a small town in the Lower Manya Krobo District in the Eastern Region. The association is currently made up of 170 members, with 70 of them being women. The association was formed in 2005 with the objective of creating employment for the youth of Agormanya through the mass cultivation of sweet potatoes. The group also has the objective of reducing post harvest losses within the catchment area and also producing other non-traditional crops for export.....
THE GhIE SUCCESS STORY
I recall an incident a few years back where a multi-storey building under construction came crumbling down at the OA Transport yard in Kumasi. This catastrophe ended the lives of innocent bystanders. Out of curiosity I went there personally to inspect the site and was baffled beyond doubt when I saw the enormous amount of iron rods peeping out at me from the debris. ...
Minister asks assemblies to support SMEs
The Upper West Regional Minister, Dr Ephraim Aveah Nsoh, has called on municipal and district assemblies in the region to support Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to grow....
'Ghana Must Resolve Development Challenges' - Anderson
Cheryl Anderson, outgoing Ghana Mission Director of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), says persistent development challenges such as erratic electricity supply and access to credit must be resolved as soon as practicable if Ghana wants to truly emerge as a middle-income country.....
COTVET trains 150 mastercraftsmen
The Development of Skills for Industry Project (DSIP), an African Development Bank (AfDB) sponsored project, implemented by the Project Support Unit (PSU) of the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) has organised a three-day trainer of trainers workshop for 150 trade association members located in the Eastern and Volta regions.
NEWS FROM GRANTEES
SMIDO Launches Regional Investment Gateway Project
The Suame Magazine Industrial Development Organization (SMIDO) has launched a Regional Investment Gateway Blueprint to brand Suame Magazine as the Investment Gateway to Ashanti and the West African sub-region to mobilize Domestic Investment Capital to implement a Medium Term Plan towards industrialization by 2016.
SWOPA EXHIBITS AT ALLIANCE FRANCAIS
The Sirigu Women's Organisation of Pottery and Art (SWOPA) is an association made up of over 150 women engaged in traditional pottery production, wall designing and other traditional artifacts. Based in Sirigu in the Upper East region of Ghana, the association aims at preserving and developing their traditional culture, producing high quality art that has its roots in the village culture and providing services for tourists.
- Moree fishmongers want fish market
- Ampenyi onion farmer calls for help to fight pests
- Enchi drivers advocate for bus terminal
- GCCI advocates for good roads in Abura
- Organise forum for market women
- ROTARY CLUB OF ACCRA AIRPORT VISITS ZOOMLION
- Tanzania: 'A Woman's Friend Is a Woman' - Veteran Tanzanian MP
- Ghanaians Urged To Fight And Eliminate Malaria
- Strong, effective partnership are key to eradicating malaria – Prof. Binka
- Ghana chamber calls for local extraction of mining minerals
- Ghana: Govt Asked to Stop Revenue Loss Through Tax Laws Review
- Women Urged to Work Towards Peaceful Elections
- Dudley Thompson was a fearless, erudite lawyer - JCC
- West Africa Mining and Power Conference to focus on local participation